Project #1 - I started this quilt 2 years ago for my dad. My dad is a big collector of the antique Snoopy Flying Ace as he is a pilot (not commercial). He has been flying since he was 13 years old and absolutely loves it! So... my bright idea was to make him this quilt 2 years ago for Christmas.... and as you can see it just got finished. YEAH!!!! I used 2" Quilt Fuse and applied various blue fabric squares for the sky and various red fabric squares for the dog house. I then drew out snoopy applique pieces on fabric to create what you see in the picture. To finish it off, I stitched a very tight zig zag around each piece to give it an embroidered look.
Project #2 - I bought some solid Geranimal shirts for the kids from Wal-mart and then bought several types of Grosgrain ribbon to emblish them with. This is the first shirt I did. Paige actually helped me decide how we were going to embelish the shirts. We did this purple one and also a light pink shirt. They really turned out very cute!
Project #3 - Remember our little maltese dog, Abby? Well, we did find her a great new home back in September and she now has a playmate, MacKenzie. Well... I had a Moda Pampered Pooch charm pack and decided to make Abby and MacKenzie a small doggie quilt for Christmas. I was able to make two small quilts out of one charm pack. I just split the colors up for a boy quilt and a girl quilt. These work great as doll quilts, too! Fast and easy... just my kind of quilt!
Project #4 - Last, I finished a vintage airplane quilted napsack for Matthew. I used the Moda Home Vintage Airplanes fabric and various other Moda fabrics for this napsack.
I had some people ask what to use for the closures on a boy napsack, so here is what I do. On this particular one I used natural twill tape and added snaps to keep it rolled up. I have also used velcro in the past on a boyish grosgrain ribbon. I went with the snaps this time to give it that more utilitarian look.
Someone else also asked how I attached the pillow on my quilted napsacks. It is actually very easy. I just add an additional inch on the top flange so I can stitch it to the top of the napsack before binding. Just make sure to use no more than 1/4" seam allowance so when you bind it, the binding will cover the stitching.